For people who want to adjust their appearance and reach their beauty goals, cosmetic plastic surgery may be a great option. Cosmetic surgery can tighten and improve the appearance of skin, adjust facial features, add or remove hair, and much more.
Cosmetic surgery may also be used for medical purposes, such as for people who have had accidents, to restore the function of a body part, or to repair scars from surgery.
There are many procedures available, so here is a look at the eight most common types of cosmetic surgery:
The goal of the Cosmetic Surgeon is to aesthetically enhance a patient’s appearance and hence the procedures, principles and techniques used focus entirely on this outcome. The goal is to improve the proportion, aesthetic appeal and symmetry of the body part on which a procedure is being performed.
Cosmetic surgery can be performed on all areas of the body, including the head and neck.
It is a voluntary choice made by the patient to have cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic surgery can be performed by plastic surgeons as well as doctors from various medical fields.
Cosmetic Surgery Procedures include:
- Body contouring – this includes Gynecomastia treatment, Liposuction and Tummy Tuck
- Breast enhancement – Enlargement, Reduction and Lifting
- Facial contouring – Cheek enhancement, Chin and Rhinoplasty
- Facial rejuvenation – Brow lift, Eyelid lift, Face lift and Neck lift
- Skin rejuvenation – Botox, Filler treatment and Laser resurfacing